Tutor for dyslexic Children
Private tutors provide one-on-one educational assistance to elementary and secondary school students or to adults. As an elementary school tutor, you may help children (grades 1 – 8) improve their skills in reading, writing or math.
Generally, private tutors:
- Work with students to improve their skills in certain subjects.
- Prepare lessons, and assign and correct homework.
- Prepare and correct tests.
- Evaluate students' progress and discuss the results with students and/or their parents.
- Identify students' individual learning needs.
- Prepare invoices and receipts for students or parents.
This job requires: College or University
This job requires 2 - 5 years of work experience.
As a private educational tutor, you need to:
- Speak, read and write English.
- Have up-to-date knowledge about learning theories, techniques and resources.
- Use word processing, presentation, bookkeeping and email software.
You need to communicate in person, on the phone and in writing with students and their parents. You need to present lessons, explain rules and encourage discussion. You need to encourage and motivate students and communicate their progress to parents.